General Resources for Statisticians, Mathematicians and Economists
- A Guide to the Web for Statisticians
- Includes Links to Other Repositories and Catalogues around the World, Universities,
Departments, Societies, Conferences, People, Journals, Books, Employment, Teaching, Data
Sets, Methodology, Statistical Computing and General Computing. Maintained by Gordon
Smyth, Department of Mathematics, University of Queensland.
- Darren Wilkinson's Stats
- Stats links maintained by Darrenn Wilkinson of the University of Newcastle.
- Electronic Services
- A WWW version of a paper by Andreas Krause.
- e-Directory of Academic Statisticians
- A search engine for email addresses for statisticians.
- Exact-Stats Home Page
- Home page of the exact-Stats discussion group which focuses on statistical techniques
known as Randomization Tests / Permutation Tests / Distribution-free Tests, including
- FAQ for
- An FAQ for STAT-L and SCI.STAT.CONSULT, a combined LISTSERV/USENET group
for the discussion of
statistical consulting issues. The FAQ was developed by Steve Simon of the Center for Disease
and the HTML version was developed by David Ronis of the University of Michigan.
- The AI-GEOSTATS mailing list Web Site maintained by Gregoire Dubois. Information
related to spatial data analysis and geostatistics. Featured on the page are FAQ,
description of freeware and software, announcements of conferences, new publications, jobs, and courses.
The associated mailing list (> 1000 subscribers) about geostatistics is moderated.
Internet Statistics Resource
- Links to General Sources, Journals, Newsgroups, Organizations & Searching - maintained
by Michael Usrey, U. of Colorado.
- Research Methods Resources from the College of
Education at Arizona State University.
- Includes links to Wide World of Web Data, Data Gallery, Equation Gallery, and the
AERA Educational Statisticians Page.
- Links to Statistical
- Provided by the developers of Stata.
Organizations: Finder's Guide
- Site with a listing of organizations that maintain population data.
Rainer's Home Page for Statisticians
- A set of statistics links maintained by Rainer Wuerlaender of Munich, Germany.
- Resources for Statisticians
- A listing of statistical resources maintained by the IMS
- Rob Hyndman's
- The home page of this statistics faculty member at Monash University, Australia. Contains
many links to statistics-related websites. Also information & links related to a textbook
"Forecasting: Methods and Applications".
- Search key statistics newsgroups. Part of Statistics.com site.
- Statistical List
- Easy point-and-click access to subscribe and unsubscribe to 19 Lists about Software
Packages, 5 General Purpose Statistics Lists, and 15 Lists about Specific Techniques. Maintained
by StatTransfer company.
- Information about statistics software, short courses in statistics and accessing statistical
data. Sponsored by developers of the package ResamplingStats.
- Statistics and Statistical
- A list of resources for statistics and statistical graphics maintained by Michael
- Statistics at
- Links to statistical software, documentation, and information, maintained by Haiko
Lupzen of Cologne University.
- Statistics on the
- A list of statistics resources maintained by Clay Helberg of the University of
- Statistics Research at
- Description of the Statistics R&D department at Bell Labs.
- Statistics servers and other
- Links to statistics deparments, software, conferences, newsgroups, societies
and other useful sites, provided by the Institute of Statistics and Decisions Sciences at Duke
- StatLib Index
- An index of StatLib, a system for distributing statistical software, datasets, and
information by electronic
mail, FTP, gopher, and WWW. Hosted by Carnegie Mellon University.
- TIMSAC Web Site
- Web Site for time series and chaos news
- World-Wide Web Virtual
- Useful resources for biostatisticians, provided by the University of Washington.
- World-Wide Web Virtual
- Links to data sources, statistical software, statistics departments and research institutes and
useful resources; provided by the University of Florida Statistics Department
- AEAweb - Information for
Economists provided by the American Economic Association
- On line access to the Journal of Economic Literature (for members), information about the
AEA, and links to publishers of over 450 economics journals
- Barnett's Recommendations
- William A. Barnett provides this resource Web page as a means of drawing attention to
other Web pages that are of particular interest to economists.
- Consensus Economics
- Macro-economic Survey Firm. Polls over 400 economists each month to obtain
international forecasts and views.
- The Econometric Journal Online -
- New site with many links, including the categories: Econometricians' Addresses and Web
Pages, National and Regional Econometric Links, General Collections Pointers and Preprint
Services, Econometric Software Links, Econom(etr)ic News-lists, Conferences with Econometric
Interest, and an extensive list of (Econometrically related) Journals on the Internet.
- Econometrics Lab -
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champagne
- Links to General Resources in Economics, Datasets and Software (both freeare/shareware
and commercial). Also links to People (econometricians' home pages) and Journals. Maintained
by Daniel Morillo.
Resources on the Internet
- Useful links sponsored by John Kane of Oswego University, author of "Econometrics: An
- Economics Education
- Includes links to Curriculum Materials (including Money and the Economy), Publications
and Resources (including Great Economists and their Times), Links for Economics Teachers
(including Resources for Secondary School Teachers of Economics), and Economic Treasures
(including Ask Dr. Econ). Sponsored by the Federal Reserve Board of San Francisco.
- Economic Institutes and
Research Organizations on the Web
- A comprehensive list maintained by John Kane of Oswego University.
- IDEAS provides information about working papers of interest to economists. Links to
many online sources of economics papers.
- Contains job openings for economists, conference announcements and a search engine for
economics information. Inomics is an associate of
- Internet Resources for
- Sponsored by the Economics Department of SUNY-Oswego. Contains links to
Economics textbooks available online, Data sources, Economics journals, Economic
associations, Econometric resources, International agencies on the web, Financial market
information, Shareware software, and more.
- James MacKinnon's
- The home page of this economics faculty member at Queens University, Canada. Papers
by the author available for download and links to other econometricians' home pages.
- National Bureau of Economic Research, Cambridge, Mass. Information on NBER,
including Online Data and Gopher
Servers, Major Programs & Projects, Publications, Links to Other Web Sites.
- NetEc Homepage at Manchester U.
- NetEc is a volunteer effort to improve the communication of research in Economics, with
information on printed and electronic working papers, code for economics and econometrics,
and a link to WebEc.
- NetEc Mirror at Washington University,
- This mirror site for NetEc should by used by economists in the Americas.
- Resources for Economists on the Internet
- Hypertext version of a guide developed by Bill Goffe, University of Southern
- Software for
- Links to Editors, TeX, GAUSS, Programming, Statistics, Symbolic Math, Graphics, Web
Resources, and Miscellani.
- WebEc - WWW Resources in
- WebEc is a classification effort to improve the availability of free information in
economics on the WWW.
- Interactive Mathematics
- Contains links for Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry and Chaos.
Mathematics Quotations Server
- Collection of mathematical quotations - can download file of quotes 83 pages long.
Sponsored by the Department of Mathematics, Furman University
- Links to hundreds of sites relating to Mathematics, provided by Penn State University.
- WWW Virtual Library:
- More links organized by subjects, maintained by Florida State University.
- The Math Forum
- A Virtual Center for Math Education on the Internet. Includes links to a collection of
Internet Math Resources.
Brian C. Monsell