- A Forum on Time
- Sponsored by the Institute for Systems, Informatics and Safety. Contains links to the
Homepages of Statisticians and Econometricians, International Journals, Research Institutes &
Universities, and others .
- ASA Section on
- Information on the ASA Section dedicated to the study and use of nonparametric
- A Few Links
Related to Statistical Education
- An extensive (not a few) list of links. Categorized into 17 groups, including Online
Statistical Teaching Material, Journals, Statistical Courses- Handouts- Exercises (with 12
subcategories) etc. Maintained by Jura Puranen, Department of Statistics, University of
- The CHANCE Database Welcome
- Materials designed to help teach a Chance course or more standard introductory
probability or statistics course. Maintained at Dartmouth College.
- DASL, the Data and Story
- Online library of data files and stories illustrating basic statistics methods. Maintained at
Carnegie Mellon University.
- The Data Mine
- Information about Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery in Data Bases (KDD).
Maintained at Birmingham University, England by Andy Pryke.
- Donald Macnaughton
- A new approach to the Introductory Statistics Course
- Ecological Modelling
- Extensive list of links related to ecological Modelling. Compiled by students of
Environmental Studies and maintained by Joseph Ackerman of the Department of Environmental
Studies, U. of Northern British Columbia.
Textbook - StatSoft
- Online and downloadable statistics textbook available from StatSoft. There are 25
Chapters, including ANOVA/MANOVA, Classification Trees, Data Mining Techniques,
Graphical Techniques, Log Linear Analysis, Neural Networks, Power Analysis, Survival
Analysis, and Time Series/Forecasting.
Entropy on the World Wide Web
- Links to provide the appreciation, understanding and applications of entropy in its many
forms. Includes links to online expository articles and textbooks, relevant journals, conferences,
research groups, and software. Sponsored by Chris Hillman of the University of Washington.
- Exploring Data
- Provides curriculum support materials for teachers of introductory statistics.
- GMDH -
Group Method of Data Handling
- Reviews the GMDH approach and describes recent developments in complex systems
modeling, forecasting, data mining and pattern recognition by the Group Method of Data
Handling. Sponsored by the Cybernetic Center of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraina,
Department of Inductive Modeling.
- IDRISI Tutorial
- Information on Idrisi, a Windows GIS package from Clark University.
- ISDS Course
- Course information at the Institute of Statistics and Decision Sciences at Duke University.
Links to many other sites.
- Java Applets for
Statistical Analysis & Graphics
- From the developer of StatGraphics. Contains Academic & Commercial versions.
- Java Statistical
- Links to Java applets at various sites for Distributions, Probability and Stochastic
Processes, Statistics, Models and Examples.
- Educational resources for teachers and students interested in the origins of classical
genetics, introductory data analysis, elementary plant science and the history and literature of
- Online power calculations for a number of distributions - from UCLA.
- Information exchange for researchers and users of supervised and unsupervised learning
methods that are based on recursive partitioning techniques (eg., classification and regression
trees). Sponsored by Tjen-Sien Lim, Department of Statistics, University of Wisconsin.
- Rice Virtual Lab in
- Comprehensive interactive resource for studying statistics in 4 modules: Hyperstat Online,
Simulations/Demonstrations, Case Studies, and Data Analysis Lab.
- Statistics Every Writer Should
- Discusses elementary statisitcal concepts. Includes Stats Board, where users can upload
statistical questions, and Links to Data Sources on the Internet.
- Statistical Educational Resource
Kit at Penn State U.
- Collection of resources used by faculty at PSU Department of Statistics in teaching a
broad range of statistics courses.
- StatLab Workshop
- At University of Heidelberg, Germany. Information on Computational Statistics, Oberon
software and other statistics links.
- Sytse Knypstra's Page
- Sytse Knypstra has software for teaching hypothesis testing and probability
distributions. Site at University of Groningen, The Netherlands. Has links to other sites for
- UCLA Statistics
- Online statistics text with interactive programs.
- Power Analysis for ANOVA Designs from York University, Canada. Calculations
performed using a SAS macro program - available for downloading.
- Statistical computing environment written as a Java applet by Webster West at U. of South
Brian C. Monsell